Soup is the easiest thing to make and like a lot of my winter food I make a big pot so that I can freeze down what I don't eat and have a nice supply to fall back on when I want the night off. You can be inventive and add cheese, herbs, curry powder (personal fave), chilli, spices the possibilities are endless really. I added some coconut yoghurt and goats cheese as a garnish here but if you don’t eat cheese you can leave it out. This is such a delicious soup and so easy to make!
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic until softened.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil. Reduce heat and allow to simmer.
- Add the broccoli and cauliflower and cook for around 20 minutes (until they are soft but not overcooked), make sure the stock covers all of the ingredients, add some filtered water here if necessary.
- Add in the spinach for a few minutes until wilted.
- Place the soup into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Add more water here if it is too thick.
- Transfer back to the saucepan and add in the peas and half of the mint, simmer for around 5 minutes until the peas are cooked through.
- Season soup to taste.
- Combine the coconut yoghurt, goats cheese and salt and pepper in a bowl, leave to one side.
- Serve by ladling the soup into bowls, stir in the remainder of the mint and garnish with the goats cheese and yoghurt.
- Enjoy x x
Notes: I also topped mine with 'saltbush' which is native Australian bushfood! It is delicious but it is not essential if you can't get hold of it!