The perfect yoga space should be soothing, comfortable and peaceful. It can serve a multitude of purposes, such as mediating, reading and yoga. Here are our tips for creating your own unique yoga sanctuary in the comfort of your home.
Create your space:
- De-clutter the space and remove anything that will distract you from your practice. For the ultimate relaxing space, make sure there is no mess in the room.
- Colour is essential to setting the perfect vibe for your oasis. Try using calming colours such as shades of white, light blues and natural tones.
- Lighting will help set the perfect mood. Play around with dim lamps or white curtains to adjust the lighting to what's most relaxing for you.
- Scent is a fun touch to add to the room. Choose candles, incense, or aromatherapy with relaxing scents such as vanilla, coconut or florals.
2. Yoga Essentials
For your practice:
- Yoga mat from www.slinkii.com
- Blanket to help support various positions, add comfort or add warmth when meditating.
- Bolster is another greater prop to add into your yoga practice. They help with performing postures, opening the body and adding comfort.
- Block can be used for almost every yoga posture and will assist in extending and lengthening your body.
- Sandbag for getting deeper into poses and for relaxation.
3. Accessorise Your Space
Make it unique:
- Plants such as succulents, palms and any other beautiful greenery to bring nature to your yoga practice and purify the air.
- Floor pillows can be thrown around the space and used for comfort and relaxation.
- Sculptures and ornaments or anything else to help tailor your oasis to what's perfect for you!